Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the lion will lie down with the lamb...

I wanted to try a new fold this week that I had not seen before.  It was a simple fold used to make your card stand up for display.


The picture was computer generated and matted 3 times.  The flower was accented with the MS branches, button center with memory thread, and the petals with shiny accents.
The sentiments were also computer generated, matted, and popped for dimension.
The lily and tulips are from ACY.
The card folds to 4 x 5 1/2.


I was looking for something different to make for Easter giving.  I am pleased with this card, even though the pictures really don't do it justice.  TFL!
I will enter this in the CWC challenge for this week - "Lions and Lambs"

 


 

7 comments:

  1. I love that!!! what is the fold called? i would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut cardstock to 12 x 5.5 and score horizontally @ 2, 4, 8, 10
    On the outside ends, measure down 3" from the top and make a pencil mark. Then using your cutter, make a diagonal cut from that mark to the TOP of your 4" score. Discard that triangle. Just fold and decorate and you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is great. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Easter card, indeed :)
    Thanks for your kind comment on my Creative Charms projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project! The image you chose are gorgeous and I love the creative folding :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative fold -- I've not seen one like it! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love creative folds like this one... wow!

    -- dalis
    CWC DT

    ReplyDelete