Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One last Mother's Day card!

Although I had sent my Mom her card in the mail earlier in the week, I just had to have one on hand to give her personally when we went out to dinner.


I had seen a version of this card on the Cricut MB...loved the poem that was included...and just had to try it. 
The garden cut in the background is from SB and the girl with flowers is from ACY.
The pink flower in the corner is a 1" x 8" strip that is scored every 1/4, and held together with tacky glue.
A 3/4" circle and a gemstone for some bling, popped for dimension, and the flower is a showpiece!
Of course, I had to use my signature MS branch punch to add some foliage before popping the image.
I rounded the corners and added some ink to the edges.


Another fancy frame from SB and a heart from Heritage adorns the left-inside cover.
To complete the card, I matted the poem in pink and purple, and added two embossed corners.


The envelope was embossed on the left side w/CB.  The word "MOTHER" is from Heritage, and the swirl is from HD.
TFL!

This was a perfect card for my Mom since she is such an avid gardener.  We cherish our trips to the greenhouse to pick out our treasures!  Since I have had my surgery and could not do a lot of the planting, mixing, etc. -  she stepped in to help, and did all she could to compensate for my restrictions.
A very special thanks to my Mom for everything she does.
Happy Mother's Day!





1 comment: