Friday, April 27, 2012

Get outta my dreams....

Get into my car!
I think I am "dating" myself again,
but there are a few of you out there that might remember
that Billy Ocean song of yester-year.

I love the Disney cartridges, even though they take
a lot piece work, the end result is fantastic!


All the front image cuts on this card are from
the Disney Mickey and Friends cartridge.


Mickey and Minnie are cut @ 2"
Star @ 4"
Car @ 3 1/2"
The lime green card base was matted with black cardstock,
and then a mat of  yellow and sky blue were added
to complete the background.
The star was embossed to make it stand out,
while Mickey and Minnie were popped for dimension.
A computer generated senitment on a hand-cut
banner complete the front.


The road is from EDPD and is cut @ 2 & 2 1/4"
for layering.
Another excerpt from the song lyrics is printed
and cut out by using the centerpoint feature on a
PS oval @ 3 1/2"

The bright colors, Disney images, and glitter paper make
This card really stand out.
I am entering this in the following challenges:

TFL!




9 comments:

  1. WOW--this is such a fun creation!! So glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! What an awesome job you did on all the piecing. This is so cute and I love its and easel. Thanks for playing at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your card is just AMAZING!BEAUTIFUL job with all the AWESOME details!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and fun! The paper you've used for the car is just perfect!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    PS I remember this song well - and will have it playing through my head the rest of the evening now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out sooo cute! I totally agree, the disney cuts do take a little extra work, but totally worth it! Thanks for playing with us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the Disney cuts! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card! Love that cute car!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcia, this is sooo darling! I absolutely LOVE your idea of using the road on the bottom part of the easel. Amazing! Congrats on making our top 5 at FCCB! The layers on some of the Cricut carts can definitely be a lot of work, but they sure do pay off! ;) Thanks for the great inspiration and I hope you don't mind if I scraplift your road idea sometime. ;) I just love it!


    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous is this card Marcia well done I love it hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete