Monday, June 11, 2012

Ahrrrrr.....the Captain is in!

Captain Maddix has turned 1 year old!
As first mate and Grandma,
I made the birthday banner to coordinate with the invitations
that were sent out earlier.

The banner itself was hand-cut.
The letters were cut from Mickey Font using glitter papers,
and the circles are PS.
A larger version of the Pirate used on the invites were added to the ends,
as were the skull and crossbones.  They were all cut from PDDU.
After using a paper trimmer to make the slits,
a red glitter ribbon was used to string it all together.

Now here is the part where my DH comes in -
I am NOT one for the tedious items like cutting the slits,
making sure they are all the same, and lacing the ribbon -
so in these times of trouble, my DH comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom......so I let him be!
Being an Engineer, he is quite fond of that part and is always
willing to help me in my time of need.

A matching recycled Red Lobster gift bag held a special surprize.


This was a great child's "Pirate" themed party that
very easy to coordinate and make.

I will be entering this in the Mission Impossible Challenge
at Krafty Girls
TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute projects! Love the papers you used for the banner! I really like the gift bag too. So adorable! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! The banner looks like it took a lot of time, but well worth! The pirate theme is awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! What a great banner and the gift bag is awesome as well! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome banner. I also love the little gift bags. Thanks for playing with us at Krafty Girls.

    ReplyDelete