Sunday, July 15, 2012

Coffee, Cupcake?

My dear DIL needed some coffee themed centerpieces for
an upcoming luncheon at her school and asked me to make them.
I did a 50s theme for her last year and they were a big hit....
so this year's theme is a Coffee Shop.
They are serving coffee, tea, and desserts.....
so coffee and cupcakes!
I chose to make easel cards that are not only easy to store
when folded, but also great for decorations when stood up.

My 1st design starts with the cupcake design from Home Decor.
I love this cut....it is so "Pastry Shop!"
The icing and wrapper are embossed for added dimension,
and the circular shape gives it a more festive look.
The stand-up image is the negative cut from the cofee SVG.


The 2nd design is an SVG cut that I had acquired on line.
I pieced the backgrounds in different papers and
used the same smaller cupcake for the stand-up image.
The circles are 6" to give you an idea of the heights.

I think these will look great on the Coffee Shop tables!
I will be entering this in the

TFL!

3 comments:

  1. Super Yummy, Marcia! You are right! I never thought to use an easel card as a tabletop decor. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB:-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! So glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute!! Great idea for cards as decorations!

    ReplyDelete