Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Legend of the Poinsettia

This card is an SVG cut from the SVG Cuts kit: Merry and Bright
I just had to try it...it looked so festive and elegant.
 
 
Most of the papers are fron the DCWV Christmas Stack
that I had leftover from last year.  There are so many
wonderful  patterns and colors in this collection that
it is easy to pick your designs.
The snowflake and top layer of the flower are popped for dimension, embossing,
some glossy accents, smaller snowflakes, and a small gem finish the card front.
 
 
I chose to include the Legend of the Poinsettia as the inside sentiment.
I actually did not know anything about the reason we see this beautiful flower
during the Christmas season until I did some research.
This card is much prettier than my photo shows.
 
I will be entering this in the following challenges:
 
TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Love this, it is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! LOVE that huge poinsetta!!! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your wonderful Poinsettia card. I host a weekly challenge at Mark's Finest Papers, Simple Salutations, in which this wk there are 3 choices of themes to choose from and Xmas Flower is one. Membership is free at MFP. Please join, enter & let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to enter, but couldn't seem to find the right link. Could you send it? Thanks!
      Marcia

      Delete
  4. I see you found the link for MFP. Thanks for taking my suggestion to enter your wonderful Poinsettia card. The papers & embossing make it festive. Thanks for entering MFP Simple Salutations Ch Choice of 3 Themes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card - inside and out!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete