Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowflake with Damask Decor

I just received this cart for Christmas from my DH and could not wait to try it!
This is also my first time making a solid front tri-fold card,
and I sove the design.
Some of the colors in the photos do not show up as rich as they really are.


The snowflake is cut @ 4" on a glittered green back and is framed
by a 3" circle (PS) that is cut to fit the card front.
Small snowflakes from a Fiskars punch and my ever-present
MS branch punch accent the main image.


The full front makes this card ever more inviting and gives the designer
more room for the designs.


I used a double sided paper from KC and used the opposite side
to decorate the inside folds.
The edges were rounded and inked in Java,
while the messages were stamped in dark green from a birthday set
I had purchased @ JoAnn Crafts.


More coordinating snowflakes and branches add to the inside of this card.
A handwritten message will go on the back and
can be displayed easily just by opening.

This is a very rich looking card in muted greens and tans.
TFL!


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Marcia! I love that you've used green with your snow card. It looks gorgeous!
    Congratulations on your Spotlight Sunday post at FCCB! It's lovely to read more about you.
    Please have your post up tomorrow by 8am EST so I can add your link to Monday's challenge post.
    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the pretty papers and the snowflake cut!
    Congrats on FCCB Spotlight Sunday!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete