Monday, February 28, 2011

Elegant Monogram

Merry Monday, Everyone!  This Sunday I will be hosting a soup and sandwich luncheon for a few friends at my home.  When we all get together, we have a grand time catching up, so I thought it would be nice to send each one home with a keepsake to remember our special day.  In honor of that, I thought a personal monogram would be a nice fit.......so this is what I have created.


This is my first attempt at a recessed window card, but I am pleased with the way it turned out.  The card itself is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4.  I used double-sided paper from K&Cs Life's Journey, so all the card cuts can be made from one 12 x 12 sheet.  The initial is from the SB cart and is cut in shadow, regular, and accent, while being popped for dimension.  The fancy corners are cut at 1 3/4 and 1 1/2 (not using real dial size), and the swirl is from HD and is cut at 1 1/2.  The outside frame is embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.



Each will bear the first initial of their first name, and the inside sentiment will simply state - Thank you.
Good times, good food, good friends, good conversation.  That's what it's all about.  TFL!

1 comment:

  1. I have the Cricut Story book cartridge. I have a hard time using the decorative caps like you used on your letters. I don't know why but they never look right when I do it.

    ReplyDelete