Thursday, December 29, 2011

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!

I had so much fun making this card.
As soon as I saw this SVG image, I knew I had to make it the
centerpience of my next project.
I always make my Mom a special card and this is the design
I chose for her this year.


This easel card measures 5 1/2 x 6" when folded.
I started by matting the holly 2x on 3 x 5" & 3 1/4 x 5 1/4"
ovals respectively.
There was a lot of embossing on this card.
Swiss dots on the white background mat and the holly.
Snowflakes on the white oval mat, and Swirls on the dark green mat.
To add some BLING, I used a lime green glitter ribbon along the top,
accented it with branches from MS, and topped it with a small gem.
I also used the branches along the bottom of the card front to form a border.


The inside of the card was matted with a holiday stripe.
The Merry Christmas sentiment was cut from Wild Card in a
red glitter paper.
A personal sentiment will be added on the inside along with "2011" to
denote the year.


This card is so pretty, I just love it!
TFL!


2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Marcia. Just love it! All the extra embossing and those branches add an extra touch. I wish I owned that branch punch; seems to be a big hit at this time of year.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty card! I love all of the details and how you used the branch punch! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete